Fancy combining a free trip for you and the person you care for to the historic RAF Museum in Colindale, NW London, with the opportunity to find out more about mobility aids? Your invitation awaits.
From Thursday 1st November to Saturday 3rd November, at the RAF Museum London, the Gowrings Mobility Roadshow 2012 visits another interesting and exciting, accessible attraction. The event is open from 10am to 3pm.
• Free car parking and 10% off in the gift shop for visitors to the roadshow; the Museum has free entry.
• The Museum is situated on the site of the original London Aerodrome, used for the great Hendon airshows between the two World Wars.
• Five huge buildings contain over a hundred aircraft, artifacts, aviation memorabilia, fine art and photographs covering the history of aviation from early balloon flights to the latest jet fighters.
• Meet the Gowrings Mobility events team in the Historic Hangars, entry to the roadshow is via the Locking Room.
• Try out Aerobility’s fully wheelchair accessible flight simulator.
• Also on hand will be a number of local charities ready to provide news and advice.
• RAF Museum London is located only 30 minutes from central London, follow the brown tourist signs from M25, M1, A41, A5 and North Circular roads to the Museum on Grahame Park Way postcode NW9 5LL.
Nearest tube – Elephant & Castle underground station (Northern and Bakerloo lines).
Nearest Railway Station – Elephant & Castle
Buses from Elephant and Castle – ask bus driver for Burgess Park. Bus numbers: 12, 171, 148, 176, 68, 484, 42, 40, 45