We are now offering free, rapid COVID-19 tests to people aged 16 and over who donâ€™t have Covid symptoms. Results are usually available within an hour.
Who can get tested
Anyone who canâ€™t work from home can get a free test (up to twice a week). This includes school staff, supermarket staff, refuse collectors, childminders, transport workers, security guards, cleaners, construction workers and many other roles.
Why you should get tested
- 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 have no symptoms. Check you’re not carrying the virus and spreading it to colleagues, customers or those you live with.
- Covid numbers are very high. Rapid tests help find more cases and help control the virus.
- Rapid tests are painless and results are available in less than an hour.
WhereÂ is the testing site?
The testing centre is at the DamilolaÂ Taylor Centre, 1e Surrey Grove,Â PeckhamÂ SE15 6DR.
Â When to not book a testÂ
- do not book a rapid, lateral flow test if you haveÂ COVID-19Â symptoms. Instead, self-isolate andÂ book a free NHS test on the government website
- do not book a rapid, lateral flow test if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Instead, stay at home and self-isolate
Nearest tube: Elephant & Castle underground station (Northern and Bakerloo lines).
Nearest Railway Station: Elephant & Castle
Buses from Elephant and Castle: ask bus driver for Burgess Park. Bus numbers: 12, 171, 148, 176, 68, 484, 42, 40, 45