Please respond to Government consultation, and widely publicise,Â to ensure working carers have a new right to take Carer’s Leave
The Government is currently running on their proposal to give working carers a weeksâ€™ unpaid Carerâ€™s Leave from work each year, to provide unpaid care.The consultation closes on 3 August 2020; it covers England, Wales, and Scotland only â€“ Northern Ireland devises its own legislation.The introduction of Carerâ€™s Leave would be a vital step in helping people who are working alongside their caring responsibilities and is an issue that Carers UK have repeatedly raised. The consultation presents a really important opportunity to improve the rights of working carers.We need your help! Please respond to the consultation and help to secure new rights for working carers.
- You can access the consultation documents on Gov.uk
- You can respond online here: https://beisgovuk.citizenspace.com/lm/carersleave
- Or email a response to: email@example.comTo support individuals and organisations that would like to respond, we have created a comprehensive briefing which provide Carers UKâ€™s view on the consultation. YouÂ can access the briefingÂ here.There are two other actions we would like you to take in support of this work:
- Please publicise the consultation to carers, especially working carers, and ask them to respond individually. We have created a briefing specifically for carers who would like to respond, please share this widely. You could also do your own personal response if you are a working carer.
- Promote and follow our social media accounts, to keep up to speed with the latest developments, click the following links to find our social channels: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.————————————————————————————————————————-
If you have any questions or comments about this consultation â€“ please feel free to contact the policy team at: firstname.lastname@example.orgThank you for your support.
Emily Holzhausen OBEDirector of Policy and Public AffairsCarers UK
Nearest tube: Elephant & Castle underground station (Northern and Bakerloo lines).
Nearest Railway Station: Elephant & Castle
Buses from Elephant and Castle: ask bus driver for Burgess Park. Bus numbers: 12, 171, 148, 176, 68, 484, 42, 40, 45