Please respond to Government consultation, and widely publicise, to ensure working carers have a new right to take Carer’s Leave
The Government is currently running on their proposal to give working carers a weeks’ unpaid Carer’s Leave from work each year, to provide unpaid care.The consultation closes on 3 August 2020; it covers England, Wales, and Scotland only – Northern Ireland devises its own legislation.The introduction of Carer’s Leave would be a vital step in helping people who are working alongside their caring responsibilities and is an issue that Carers UK have repeatedly raised. The consultation presents a really important opportunity to improve the rights of working carers.We need your help! Please respond to the consultation and help to secure new rights for working carers.
- You can access the consultation documents on Gov.uk
- You can respond online here: https://beisgovuk.citizenspace.com/lm/carersleave
- Or email a response to: email@example.comTo support individuals and organisations that would like to respond, we have created a comprehensive briefing which provide Carers UK’s view on the consultation. You can access the briefing here.There are two other actions we would like you to take in support of this work:
- Please publicise the consultation to carers, especially working carers, and ask them to respond individually. We have created a briefing specifically for carers who would like to respond, please share this widely. You could also do your own personal response if you are a working carer.
- Promote and follow our social media accounts, to keep up to speed with the latest developments, click the following links to find our social channels: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.————————————————————————————————————————-
If you have any questions or comments about this consultation – please feel free to contact the policy team at: firstname.lastname@example.orgThank you for your support.
Emily Holzhausen OBEDirector of Policy and Public AffairsCarers UK
Nearest tube – Elephant & Castle underground station (Northern and Bakerloo lines).
Nearest Railway Station – Elephant & Castle
Buses from Elephant and Castle – ask bus driver for Burgess Park. Bus numbers: 12, 171, 148, 176, 68, 484, 42, 40, 45