No jobs at present – please check back soon
Job Description – Executive Assistant
Purpose of the role
To provide high level and efficient administrative and operational support to the Director/Board of Trustees/Management Team and to provide fundraising and monitoring support.
Line manager: Director
Hours: 37.5 weekly
Annual Leave entitlement: 25 days plus bank holidays.
Pension: Matched contribution up to 5%
Probation: 6 months
• Office admin and infrastructure management
• Board Secretary duties
• Monitoring and reporting coordination
• Provide fundraising support to the Director and the management team
• Donor and partner relationship management
• Adhoc project management
• Supervise cleaners/keyholders x 2
• Back office and infrastructure tasks – basic HR, basic Finance, point of contact for IT, phones, database; manage facilities and utilities – rents, rates, waste, cleaning, licenses, insurance, security, stationery purchasing, printing/copying
• Support to Board of Trustees and Sub-Committees, including finalisation of Board papers; arranging and co-ordinating all Trustee and subcommittee meetings ensuring that all papers are sent out, booking meeting rooms, chasing outstanding actions and taking minutes.
• Monitoring and reporting – create a consistent reporting mechanism for proactive fundraising and donor management to support the management team
• Fundraising Support – assist the Director and management team with bid writing, monitoring and reporting; set up and maintain a rolling small donor programme (logging and thanking small donors promptly, researching additional target donors, producing requests for donations and ensuring repeat requests).
• Donor and partner relationship management – support the Director in engaging new stakeholders and managing relationships with existing ones (diarising meetings, updates etc)
• Adhoc project management – such as coordinating repairs, decorating/refurbishment/other building works in the Centre and its grounds
• Participation in evening and/or weekend events and meetings
• Ensuring adherence to necessary legislation e.g. Data Protection Act, Health and Safety Act
• Experience of working in an administrative, customer facing environment
• Excellent IT skills with fast and accurate typing abilities
• Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
• Good levels of patience and a methodical nature
• Strong multitasking abilities
• Ability to work collaboratively
• An understanding of the need for confidentiality
• A willingness to be involved in wider team initiatives such as fundraising events and recruitment
• Friendly, positive and personable manner with a high level of energy and enthusiasm
• Technical knowledge of Office 365 and databases
• High level PA and administrative experience, including diary management and dealing with correspondence
• Experience of board governance, the preparation of papers and minute taking
• Experience of, or demonstrable aptitude for, successful small-scale fundraising
• Experience of, or a demonstrable passion for working in a community setting, with people with a wide range of needs and abilities.
Nearest tube – Elephant & Castle underground station (Northern and Bakerloo lines).
Nearest Railway Station – Elephant & Castle
Buses from Elephant and Castle – ask bus driver for Burgess Park. Bus numbers: 12, 171, 148, 176, 68, 484, 42, 40, 45